If your business does not have a website or your site is in need of a revamp, don’t put it off any longer. Make 2010 the year that you create your own, exciting website that is easy to maintain and can grow as your business expands.
Who would like to build and manage their own website in ONE DAY without any technical skills and never have to pay a Web Designer EVER AGAIN?
Now this is possible with Online in a Day.
At the end of this One Day workshop, you will have a fully functioning website which you will be completely able to maintain and update yourself, easily and whenever you want.
The Online in a Day workshop is a training course that walks you through the steps of building and maintaining your own website and having it online and fully functioning by the end of the day.
Why do you need to manage your own website?
- Web Design Firms go out of business and there are stories about web designers becoming difficult or disappearing.
- Once a web designer has secured your business, they can charge you anything they want to make changes or additions to your site.
- If a web designer offers to create a custom site for you, you should be wary. Why? Because if they are ever unreachable, retire or go out of business, you’re left with a site that will be costly to redevelop or you’ll have to pay someone else to redesign.
- You can’t add features you want without paying high prices for things like shopping carts, calendars, etc.
- You may not have total control over optimizing your site for search engines. You’ll have to pay someone else to do it.
Who is this Workshop For?
If you are self-employed or a small business owner who always says “I will get around to doing it one day.” or “I can’t afford to pay someone to do it for me and I don’t know how to do it myself.” – This course is for you.
This work shop is for people who:
- Have started a business (or will very soon) and do not yet have your own website
- Have an outdated website that needs some improvement
- Want to take control of their Online Marketing to make it more dynamic or interactive
This workshop is NOT for people who already have sites they are happy with or those looking for a fully functional ecommerce site.
What Will I Learn?
In this one day workshop you will learn:
- How to pick the best domain name for your business so that it gives you a professional online presence and attracts more customers
- How to purchase and manage your domain name and email accounts so you have full control over your online presence
- What a content management system is and how it can benefit you
- How to change the look of your site to match your current branding, add your logo and move things around
- How to add new pages to your site (as many as you want)
- How to add menu structures to your site
- Where to find additional free software to add to your site for extra functionality
- How you can install a wide range of programs and functionality on your site with only a few clicks of the mouse
- How to add an area on your site where people can sign up for a mailing list
- The basics of search engine optimization (SEO)
- How to create an easy contact form with which people can contact you so that you don’t receive a ton of unwanted spam
- Why a blog is important and how to add it to your site
Dates: Thursday 18th March, Sydney CBD
May TBA, Brisbane
Future dates are being planned for National events – please contact email@example.com
Cost: $700 (excl. GST)
- 2 years website hosting
- 2 years domain name registration
- 10 day action plan to further enhance your site
- Full email and internet support
My father once said to me that he hated being in business, because every year, there was a new cost you had to have. He had just bought a car phone at the time, that went with the new computer, the printer, the fax, the two landlines, a business card for himself and his workers on top of all his industry specific equipment.
These days, most people would add a website, and an email address, to that list. But unlike the costs mentioned above, most of which perform a specific task, a website has a multitude of tasks to perform. In no particular order, a website is:
- A place to find a business’s contact details
- A place to find a business’s address
- A marketing tool, that can attract potential customers.
- A way to sell to potential customers
- A place to put important business information, like return policies
This makes a website a complicated business tool, and one that is easy to get wrong. And unless your website can fulfill all these needs, it isn’t serving you properly.
Checklist: What Every Website Should, Have
Every website should have the following things:
- A Contact us Page labeled “Contact Us” – people skim webpages, and look for things that they need. Labelling contact details as “Contact Us” helps people who want to, make easy contact.
- A phone number on every page – preferably in the header. Again, the easier it is contact you, the better.
- Multiple ways to contact you – Provide multiple email addresses (it doesn’t matter if they all go to the same person) for different items, multiple numbers (mobile + landline), fax and a contact form. The more ways someone can contact you, the better.
- A call to action on every page near your content – you have explained what you do, now convince me to do something. If you have a services page, after each service, have a call to action like “For more information, call Steve on 555-1234“.
- A submission to Google Local – Google maps is showing up on a lot more searches, and at the ridiculously low price of “free”, a Google local listing really is a nobrainer.
If your site doesn’t have these five items, you are likely missing a real opportunity to have your website drive leads.
Online in a day is a new venture that provides workshops with a simple goal:
To launch a website, and get it found, in a single day.
That’s right, you’ll go from nothing to a website in a single day, and it will be visible and found via Google. We’ll take you through everything from:
- Registering a domain name
- Choosing a template
- Writing content
- Listing your business on relevant sites.
- Leave you with a ten day action plan – to help you generate more leads through the web.
Courses start March 2010, and numbers per course will be restricted.